It's November and soon we'll be moving to Texas....just a few more weeks now. I seriously can't wait....if I could, I would move tomorrow. :)
I have a few announcements to make....
1) I made it on the Design Team over at E.A.D. Designs. If you need any vinyl lettering, vinyl wall art for your home or vinyl rub-ons, E.A.D. Designs is the place to go. Vinyl can be used on many different surfaces and in many different ways. I challenge you to come up with clever ways to use this product. Go on over and check out what E.A.D. Designs has in store or make a custom order. I'd love to see what you can do with it.
To inspire you I have something I made the other day that I'd like to share. I used a sheet of the E.A.D. Designs Caged Vinyl Rub-Ons in Sky Blue. It's a non-traditional welcome sign/hanging. It says "Hi" in the top frame and "Hello" in the bottom frame. I used 4 pieces from the sheet leaving me with plenty leftover pieces to work with for future projects.
Here's a close-up shot of the top frame that says "Hi." Notice the flourish piece under the word "Hi?" Both of those pieces are included on your 13x7.5 sheet of vinyl rub-ons and there are 35 different colors to choose from. I'm using Sky Blue in my creation.
Here's the bottom frame piece that says "Hello." The flourish piece under the word "Hello" is also included on the 13x7.5 sheet of vinyl rub-ons that you get. Cool ha?
I encourage you to check them out. You'll love what you find and I bet you'll think of SO much that you can do with this stuff!
2) Halloween was a couple of nights ago and I hope you all had a haunting good time. I'm still playing with my pictures that I took from that night but I have one I can share with you all for now. My 10 year old daughter was a Geisha or China Doll and I took great pride in the make-up work I did on her. I painted her face white, put bright red lipstick on the center of her lips and made the edges white to blend in with her facial. I made blush circles on her cheeks and played out the eyeliner that slanted across the sides of her eyes. It got dark fast so it was kind of a waste but I made sure to take her out early to get some shots of her before we left to go trick-or-treating. This picture is a poor representation of what I did on her face but I loved her posture in this photo so much. :)
3) The newest challenge over at Candy Shoppe Designs right now is BIG EGO'S and you are asked to use little icons that you like or ones that describe you in your paper creations. It was SO much fun to do, you have got to try this! The due date isn't till 11/11 so you have lots of time but make sure you link them up soon so the Lollipop Girls don't forget to consider it when they start voting. The blog candy is being donated by Memorable Seasons and is this Tinkering Ink Kit.
4) Twisted Sketch Prompt #021 is up and the twist is "Alphas." Here's my take to the sketch (including the twist)....This is my younger brother riding around the North Shore in Hawaii on his Low Rider bike.
5) I am in the process of giving my blog a revamped look....also changing it over to Desperate Army Housewife too! Please continue following me there as I slowly but surely move everything over. Thanks ladies!