Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A little bird told me.....

I made these handmade gifts for someone recently who likes bluebirds. The first is an inexpensive Altered Clipboard that I did for the Busy Fashionista Altered Clipboard Challenge
over at Candy Shoppe Designs.I found the clipboard at Walmart for $1 and some change. The red checkered print paper is by Rusty Pickle and I had that on hand already. The yellow blue bird paper I found at Memorable Seasons on sale for $0.20. It's from the Botanical Bliss Collection by Tinkering Ink. I checked out Michael's Clearance section and found a pack of stickers for $0.99. It had a blue bird on one of them and it was dimensional (how I like my stickers). I thought what the heck....even though it may say "grow baby grow" it could work. LOL That's the sticker you see in the bottom right hand corner. I had the pom pom trim on hand already and then I attached some other trims I had on hand and a broken faux flower stem I found in my house and ta-da! A simple handmade project that costed between $3-5!!!

Next is a mini altered mailbox. I picked up the mini mailbox in the Target $1 section. I painted it blue, attached some papers, stickers and trims I had on hand, stuck that chipboard flower to the flag (I had that on hand too!) and got the birds nest at Micheal's for a couple of dollars and glued it snugly next to the flag. Another project completed between $3-5!!!

This baby I am SO proud of. I was internet surfing one day and seen a project like this and thought it was a great idea. So, the do-it-yourself person that I am decided to do do-one-herself. I had the Basic Grey papers on hand already left over from the mini mailbox item I made. I cut out a couple of heart shapes from it and stitched the edges together making sure to leave the top end open to stuff scrappy goodness into it. I also took some ric rac and glued it into the seams to create a prettier edge. I had everything on-hand already for this project so it made things easy. The tulle hanger and flowers are by Prima, the floss by Bazzill, the chipboard by American Crafts and the journaling spot by Heidi Swapp.

8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Lynnette.....oh my goodness you certainly did a wonderful job on all the creations....I just adore the last one and thanks for the instructions on how to make it!!!! Wishing you a wonderful day!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Lynnette..these projects are AMAZING! I love the mailbox, adorableness! U're super talented, my friend!

Jenny B in Indy said...

Those are gorgeous, dahling!

Sandy said...

Love your clipboard Lynnette! The pom pom trim is so cute...along with the trailing ribbons on top! The mailbox is simply adorable!! The stitched heart is GORGEOUS and you should be super duper proud! The colors are so rich and beautiful! Who you giving that too? hehe ;)

Jen Matott (SweetTart) said...

That is so cute! LOVE the trim, the bird image and how you photographed it with the birdcage! Great project!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous projects Lynette. Especially love the last one! TFS!!!

Love, Carrie said...

These are beautiful!...and I love all the bright colors :)

elina said...

omg!!! your letter box is sooooooo beautiful!!! of course all of the other work too!! lol